Each physician takes care of his/her own patients, who are registered with that physician, but all FMG physicians have access to medical records. Thus, a person who shows up for a consultation can be seen by a doctor other than his own. If required, the patient may also meet with a nurse or other healthcare professional from the FMG for various follow-ups.
This working group makes possible:
- better monitoring of patients’ status of health and their medical records
- improvements in the quality of medical care
- iprovements in access to medical care
LIST OF FAMILY MEDICINE GROUPS IN WEST-CENTRAL MONTREAL
7005 Kildare Avenue
5515 St-Jacques Street
1 Westmount Square
2111 Northcliffe Avenue
GMF Herzl (CRIU)
5858 Côte-des-Neiges Road
Alexis Nihon Plaza, Tower 2
1 Westminster Avenue North,
1538 Sherbrooke Street West
GMF du Village Santé
4480 Côte-de-Liesse Road
5950 Côte-des-Neiges Road
300 Léo-Pariseau Street
A super-clinic (Network-FMG) is an FMG with an increased front-line service offering for semi-urgent needs and basic, urgent needs.
In addition to the services offered in FMG, super-clinics must:
- Offer consultations to patients who do not have a family physician or who are enrolled in another FMG.
- Be open 7 days a week, 12 hours a day.
- Allow same day appointments, up to 3 hours before closing.
- Provide access to a public collection centre.
- Provide access to a medical imaging laboratory.
- Facilitate access to specialized services.
The services available in the super-clinics allow users who have a non-priority condition to avoid going to a hospital’s emergency department and having to endure a long wait. These services are quickly accessible for the needs of the front line.